Frequently Asked Questions
Help desking and Support
Help desk is a support system designed to assist end users with technical and functional questions and problems
A support system designed to assist end users with technical and functional questions and problems.Read more
The department within the company that responds to user's technical questions. We believe in real people effectively communicating with real people. We always answer our phones during business hours with trained professional people dedicated to serving you. Help Desk allows us to provide better service for technical support calls more effectively than phone support alone.Read more
Basically a help desk which interfaces through a web browser.Read more
Support calls are initially directed through the Help Desk for immediate resolution and/or assignment to your primary consultant. The Help Desk is available Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. As always, off-hours dispatch service is available during non-business hours. Clients should continue to call Opticentre to request support of any type, including Help Desk. Additionally, issues can be e-mailed to the Help Desk.Read more
The Opticentre Help Desk provides our clients reliable, cost-effective support. All incoming requests are logged, tracked, and managed through our Help Desk system, including a knowledge base that stores all historical information. The Help Desk allows our consultants to solve many issues remotely, minimizing on-site emergency calls and reducing your overall support costs.
- Your organization doesn't have a help desk and users find it difficult to have their problems resolved
- Your organization wants to implement centralized call management
- Your organization wants faster, more consistent response to problems
Help Desk is typically viewed as being more tactical with the primary goal being to help quickly resolve end users immediate needs and technical issues and incidents. The IT Help Desk can be separate or part of a larger Service Desk operation to improve the overall organization’s Customer Services. The ultimate goal of the Help Desk is to resolve end user issues and requests as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- You will not be stranded in voice mail waiting for someone who may be on vacation instead of just out to lunch.
- You do not have to repeat yourself and waste your time. Workstation, network, and application software information and other important facts are kept live in the Help Desk database. Every technician has access to the vital information necessary to resolve your issue as fast as possible.
- You will be called back quicker, usually with a solution or an action to take. Our technicians concentrate of solving your problems and finding solutions.
- You get better and more knowledgeable support. Our technicians can help each other your solve problems.
- You get support from all of the technical staff at Opticentre. Help Desk keeps our whole team working together to get you a solution in the shortest possible time.
- You will often get written solutions and support information instead of just a quick fix. Written email requests and confirmations assure you that your issue is being worked on. You can check the progress anytime you choose even in the middle of the night or even on a holiday.
- You receive the benefit of problems and solutions that are already worked out. Help Desk is a searchable knowledge base. This allows all of us to come to a working solution faster than ever before. That saves you time and effort.