how to designate components for a toc?
Use the following procedures to include components or inlines in a TOC document. Use the first procedure for individual documents. Use the second procedure when you are working in books with catalogs that apply to multiple documents.
How to include a component or inline in a TOC document:
- Open the properties dialog box for the components or inlines that you want to include in a TOC. Open the Content sheet for components or the Format sheet for inlines.
You can select components or inlines with different names and access their properties all at once.
- In the Table of Contents Document text box, enter the name of the TOC in which you want the current or selected element(s) included.
- You can choose a TOC Page Stream from the option menu or leave the setting unmodified.
Your choices are the page number streams defined in the source document or imported from a catalog. QuickSilver uses the source document's default page number stream unless you specify a different one.
Changing the TOC Page Stream setting for one component changes the stream name for all components assigned the same Table of Contents
document name in that document. It does not change the stream name in other documents in the same book.
- To make all components with the same name as the current component(s) or inline(s) appear in the same TOC, choose Changes to All from the Apply option menu and click Apply.
How to Designate Components for a TOC in a Catalog
You can use a catalog to specify that all components with the same name, in multiple documents in a book, are included in a TOC. To do so, use the following procedure.
To use a catalog to export component TOC properties to multiple documents:
- Open a catalog that is positioned to affect TOC source documents in a book.
- Open the properties dialog box for the components or inlines you want to tag for TOC inclusion. Open the Content sheet for components or the Format sheet for inlines.
- Specify the Table of Contents Document name and (if appropriate) the TOC Page Stream name.
- To globally apply the TOC properties to the master and all instances of the current or selected elements(s), choose Changes to All from the Apply option menu and click Apply.
- Open the File Properties dialog box for the catalog.
- Select the Exports Components check box and click OK.
QuickSilver includes in the specified TOC document all elements in the affected source documents with names matching the elements you tagged in the catalog.