If you can create a PDF file from another application using Acrobat Distiller, there may be a problem with FrameMaker. Perform the tasks in this section to determine if FrameMaker causes the problem.
1. Set Adobe PDF or the Acrobat Distiller printer as the default printer. Then, try to create a PDF file in FrameMaker.
2. If you use Save As PDF to create PDF files, print to the Adobe PDF printer.
3. Deselect Generate Acrobat Data in the Print Document dialog box.
PDF features, such as bookmarks, hyperlinks, and tags, may cause problems with the creation of PDF files. Disable these features to determine if they cause the problem.
4. Try printing with a different job option.
To determine if corrupt job options are the cause, select a different job option when you print in FrameMaker. If you're able to create a PDF file using a different job option, troubleshoot the problem job option in Acrobat Distiller by changing each setting and printing until you find the setting that causes the problem.
To select a different job option in FrameMaker:
To troubleshoot job options in Acrobat Distiller:
-- Acrobat Distiller 6.0 and 7.0:
-- Acrobat Distiller 5.0:
5. Create a PDF file from a new FrameMaker file.
If the new file doesn't print, remove and reinstall FrameMaker and Distiller. If Acrobat is installed, remove and reinstall it by using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. For further assistance, contact Adobe Technical Support.