Can I move a book from PageMaker or QuarkXPress into FrameMaker 7.0?
Filters that facilitate the direct import of PageMaker or QuarkXPress files into FrameMaker are not provided in FrameMaker 7.0. However there are a variety of methods to move the contents of a book from PageMaker or QuarkXPress into FrameMaker. These include:
- Copying/pasting content from PageMaker or QuarkXPress into FrameMaker.
- Determining which text and graphics files are imported into the PageMaker or QuarkXPress publication, and importing them into FrameMaker.
- Using third-party filters.
- Saving a publication as a PDF file, and copying/pasting from Acrobat into FrameMaker.
- Saving a publication as a PDF file, and using Acrobat software's Save as RTF, Save as Text or Save as XML features to create files that you can import into FrameMaker.
- Saving a PageMaker or QuarkXPress page as a PDF and placing it into FrameMaker as a graphic to exactly duplicate all or part of its layout.