These recommendations apply to all servers. See also the additional recommendations for your operating system.
- Minimum of 1 GB RAM
- Minimum of 100 MB space on disk before installing WorldServer; 200 MB recommended
- Java 1.4. The correct version is automatically installed on clients and Windows servers. On other operating systems, you need to install it. Java 1.4 can coexist on the same computer with Java 1.3.
- J2EE compliant application server, such as Apache Tomcat 4.1, BEA WebLogic 8 (or higher), or IBM WebSphere 5.1 (or higher).
- For Global Electronic Publishing, an X-Hive 6.0 server installation. This is installed for you during WorldServer installation.
- One of the following types of database client tools:
- SQL client tools (if you are using Microsoft SQL Server)
- Oracle client tools (if you are using Oracle). In the 8i series, WorldServer supports Version 188.8.131.52 or higher. In the 9i series, WorldServer supports Version 184.108.40.206 or higher.
- One of the following types of database servers:
We recommend that you install the database server on a dedicated computer, and that you locate applications and the content management system on other machines.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Oracle. In the 8i series, WorldServer supports Version 220.127.116.11 or higher. In the 9i series, WorldServer supports Version 18.104.22.168 or higher.
Additional Recommendations for Windows Servers
The following additional recommendations apply if you use a Windows server:
- Windows 2000 Server with Resource Kit and Service Pack 4
- 1 GHz Pentium or compatible processor
Additional Recommendations for Solaris and Linux Servers
The following additional recommendations apply if you use a Solaris or Linux server:
- Solaris 8 or Redhat Enterprise Linux ES 3 with kernel version 2.4.21-4.EL
- Sun Enterprise Ultra 2 700 MHz UltraSPARC II processor