what are the different types of localization services?
- The user interface must be localized in all of its structural components (menu bars, button, status indicators, generic messages, error messages, etc). This phase requires an ability to work with source code editors, resource and graphics files, and software compilers adapted to the language of use.
- The software guide must be localized to be consistent with the terminology used in the localization of the user interface, respecting the format (Rtf or HTML) of the original structure.
- Any documentation accompanying the software (manuals, brochures, packaging elements etc.) must be localized taking into account the language and cultural aspects, the type of publication and the market sector for which the software is destined.
Website translation and localization is a particularly delicate and complex operation, involving diverse skills and requiring experience in the coordination of work phases. As with any translation and localization project, it is not enough to simply convert text into the destination language; rather the success of a website translated into a language different to the original depends on several factors:
- The contents must be adapted to the linguistic and cultural system of the target language
- The communication tone must be suitable for technical standards and stylistic requirements in the target market
- The graphical components must also undergo any necessary transformations to meet the linguistic and cultural communication requirements
- The page formatting must be taken into account and made compatible with the original graphical structure, and with the demands of search engine and directory positioning
Desktop publishing, or DTP, is the process of editing and layout of printed material intended for publication, such as books, magazines, brochures, and the like using a personal computer.
Localization and Internationalization of multimedia refers to customization (and translation) of CD based presentation using moving graphics, sound, pictures and movies for any country, especially those countries which have language, cultural and other trade barriers.